I'm 46 today... I think. Stopped counting after 40, really. But being born in 1975 makes the math easy to figure out if I need to.
It's been hard to write anything here. Mainly because a switch has flipped in my head. That switch is the "somebody on the internet will read this" switch. Used to be on, but now it's off.
I deleted my Facebook account, my Twitter account is pretty much an anon signal booster for local politicians, and I have no Instagram or whatever it is kids do, these days. My world is inside my house. I don't reach out to friends and have no way to make new friends because almost all of my energy goes towards..
- Helping my children develop into humans who won't be secretly broken, like me
- Not getting divorced
- Finding reasons to live and staying alive long enough to fulfill goal #1
Unlike the days of my previous entries, I now firmly believe in the following:
- Nobody cares what your thoughts about a thing are... Nobody reads your Twitter or Facebook
- Nobody cares about that thing you are working on... Nobody reads your LinkedIn unless they need a job
- Nobody cares what you can do... or where you have been... or how hard that thing you did was